Feb 5, 2015

Salt and Pepper Shakers

Her collection of salt and pepper shakers filled the shelf on the wall over a bench he‟d made in high school wood shop.

Happy Ever After

_________________



Spice Up Your Table Setting






_________________

“Oh, I love these.” Carrying her wine, Parker stepped to the salt and pepper shakers. 

She meant it, Malcolm concluded with considerable surprise. He‟d gotten good at detecting her polite tone and her genuine pleasure. 

There were fancy ones, funny ones, and, he guessed the most polite term would be, risquรฉ ones. 

“I started collecting them right after I got married. Something small I could pack up whenever we moved.Then I got a little carried away.” 

“They‟re wonderful. Charming and fun. Batman and Robin?” 

Kay strolled over. “Mal gave me those for Mother‟s Day back when he was about twelve. Gave me those humping dogs, too—didn‟t think I‟d put them out. He was sixteen then, I think, and trying to get my goat. I got his.” She glanced back, grinned at him and the memory. “Embarrassed the hell out of him when I put them on the shelf.”


Happy Ever After